31 Mar 2016

Easter overnighter

Nuuksio national park 24/3/2016 - 25/3/2016


 photo Urja1_zps5inoveoa.jpg

I had a five day leave from work during Easter - what a nice excuse for an overnighter! This time I went hammock camping to Nuuksio.

 photo Urja2_zpsrs0fdqgo.jpg

The weather was rather dull and I met few people during my trip. On nice, sunny days Nuuksio can get quite crowded.

 photo Urja5_zps9khf9exk.jpg

In the city the spring has already taken over but in the forests of Nuuksio it was still winter. The temperatures hovered around freezing. As I sleep cold I brought my winter sleeping bag with me - a wise choice!

 photo Urja4_zpsawxkdqj9.jpg

Despite the snow the spring was in the air: birds were singing, water was burbling in the burns... Maybe the next time I visit Nuuksio the winter is nothing but a memory?

 photo Urja3_zpsylcte6ep.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Gosh thats brave. I like the comfort of walls and warm air in winter. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both walls and no walls. It good one doesn't need to choose just one type of backpacking! :)

      Delete